I saw this on my friends page (from the food_porn community - here
) and ran off to make it right away. I misread the recipe and used twice the amount of syrup. Whoops! I diluted it to the proper ratio, but I think next time I will use slightly less than what the recipe actually calls for. I did not add any whipped cream, but instead I just topped it with the milk foam and a sprinkle of nutmeg. It was super yummy! Try it, you'll love it. :DStarbucks® Gingerbread Latte®
This recipe is for a single grande-size latte but you'll have enough syrup for as many as seven drinks.Gingerbread Syrup
2 cups water
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup fresh espresso
1 cup milk, steamed (with a little foam)Garnish
1. Make the gingerbread syrup by combining water, sugar, ginger, cinnamon and vanilla in a medium saucepan. Be sure the pan is not too small or the mixture could easily bubble over.
2. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat and simmer syrup, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Remove the syrup from the heat when it's done and slap a lid on it.
3. Make a double shot of espresso (1/2 cup), using an espresso machine. Use the machine to steam 8 ounces of milk, or heat up the milk in themicrowave if your machine does not foam and steam milk.
4. Make your latte by first adding 1/2 cup espresso to a 2 cup mug. Add 1/4 cup gingerbread syrup, followed by the steamed milk. Stir.
5. Top off the drink with a dollop of whipped cream, and a sprinkle of nutmeg.Find my growing recipe collection here: Minxy's Recipes
It is updated as new recipes are posted.